Summer season is upon us and there’s nothing better than heading out into the wilderness with a bunch of your friends. And if you’re within the USA, you’ve got an awesome number of choices that are magnificent on their own and hold a great charm. Below we have listed down some of the best camping destinations in the USA that you should consider heading to. These places offer a bunch of outdoor activities and panoramic landscapes. Some of these places will need a reservation if you are planning to visit there. So, before you hit roads for your next adventure, these are the best camping destination that you can check out for. A piece of advice doesn’t forget to carry your camping gear. The best large cooler will be needed if you are going with your friends.
1. Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming – Grand Teton National Park is one of the most stunning destinations that will take you straight to heaven. The national park brags about the natural beauty, panoramic views, lush valley and what not. Anyone who has been coveting to witness majestic views of nature, this place is not going to disappoint at all. For the outdoorsmen out there, there are a bunch of activities to fuel their passion for outdoor activities. Among plenty of outdoor activities to be undertaken, biking and hiking remain very popular since they get you familiar with the panoramic landscapes that leave an indelible print on the minds of travelers and campers. The place has developed campgrounds that provide luxurious amenities for campers. You can also experience backcountry camping once you have taken permission. The place is magnificent and holds a great charm that is never going to fade away.
2. Isle Royal National Park, Michigan – Anyone who is seeking solitude while exploring great outdoors, Isle Royal National Park is the destination you need to head to. Located in Michigan, this place has beautiful landscapes to captivate your heart. In fact, this beautiful place is known for its wild creatures including wolves and moose than the magnificent hues that it offers. You will find moose grazing on the grass that will surely allure your heart to seek out for more. For the campers out there, the place offers kayaking, hiking and camping and your fellow companions on the hiking will be wolves and moose. The beauty of the place is unparalleled where mother nature can be seen working always. If the mere description of wolves and moose pique your interest, you will have to book a reservation before leaving out. The best time to visit this place is from June to September since it is closed entirely for the winter season. Take some time out of your busy schedule to appreciate this beauty of nature.
3. Shenandoah National Park, Virginia – No matter whether you are going for a backcountry camping or primitive camping, this national park has everything for everyone. This place offers warmth and serenity while offering you a panoramic view of beautiful landscapes. Shenandoah National Park beautifully portrays the work of mother nature and does not fail to entice us the throngs of people to witness its stunning beauty. This national park beautifully strikes a balance between forests and mountains and there is a waterfall that can be set as a backdrop for photographers. This treasure trove for outdoorsman can be seen harboring wildlife and draws around 1.5 million visitors each year. Talking about the campground, there is 4 campground near Shenandoah and you will have to make a camping reservation to avail of their accommodation services. These campgrounds are open in summer, spring and fall season.
Read about Gatwick airport transfers
4. Big Bend National Park, Texas – This Texas-based National Park can be crowned as the jewel for the outdoorsmen out there. Big Bend National Park is home to over 1200 species of plants and 75 species of mammals. The wildlife of this national park is worth mentioning and in fact, deserves some recognization. What makes this national park an ideal choice for campers is the fact that it provides exposures to the diverse hiking trails. Having said that, you can hike on Lost Trail that’s breathtaking thanks to the panoramic views and beautiful landscapes. Adding more to that, you can experience heading out on the window trail that lands you in the most alluring scenario that nature has to offer. This 5.6-mile trail cuts in a way that it takes the shape of “window”, making it one of the most unique and quirky attractions of this National Park. Well, camping in this national park and to witness everything that it has to offer, you will have to plan ahead of time. To help you out, there are 3 developed campsites – Chisos Basin Campground, Rio Grande Village Campground, Cottonwood Campground.
5. Acadia National Park – If you are on a digital detox and looking forward to spending quality time and venturing into the wilderness or reconnecting with nature, Acadia National Park is exceptionally beautiful. This National Park holds a timeless charm thanks to its irresistible beauty and picturesque landscapes. What, apart from Camping, is a way to immerse yourself in the irresistible charm of this place. No matter whether you are into nature or history or looking for solace, the place has something amazing for everyone. For those who want to familiarize themselves with the history of carriage roads, just rent a bike and start exploring the outdoors of carriage roads. Anyone who is coveting for solitude, head to the Schoodic peninsula to listen to the magical voice of nature that is no less than music to the ears. Less crowded, spectacular views, amazing trails will all add up to the excitement prevailing in the atmosphere. There is a historical Jordon Pond House where you can indulge in a great reading session while rejoicing the great outdoors. This national park has 4 developed campgrounds – Blackwoods Campground, Seawall Campground, Schoodic Woods Campground, Duck Harbor Campground.