An incredible Indian state adjacent to Darjeeling hills and situated between Nepal( west ), Bhutan (east) and Tibbet (north), Sikkim is a must-visit. The state is famous for its magnificent peaks, scenic views and adventure sports.
Tourists all across the world visit Sikkim for all kinds of adventure activities like trekking, camping, paragliding, hot air ballooning, rafting etc. Trekking is one of the most preferred adventure sports which attracts hundreds of mountain lovers every single month. The Sikkim has more than 20 mountain peaks that are over 15000 feet in altitude. It is the first choice that comes in a trekker’s mind when it comes to trekking in India.
Goechala Trek is one of the most preferred trekking destinations in the state of Sikkim. From the base point to the summit, the journey to Goechala trek is an unforgettable one! The laborious trek goes through Yuksom town and Dzongri. And it offers breathtaking views of several valleys, lush green landscapes and twisty but beautiful pathways.
This 90 km long Goechala trek last for about 10 to 12 days and takes you through forever-challenging, forever-welcoming terrains.
Goechala Trek Highlights-
- Jaw-dropping view of Kanchenjunga, which is the third highest peak in the world.
- Breathtaking views of popular peaks like Pandim, Kabru and Ratong
- A chance to explore the culture and traditions of the fabulous state of Sikkim.
- Relish the charm of Yuksom, which is a beautiful village in West Sikkim that you must explore on your journey to the Goechala Trek or you will regret it later. The hospitable treatment and humbleness of the local residents will make you go there again and again.
- A perfect balance between the natural beauty of its plants and animals, Darjeeling is a perfect place for a wanderer.
- Goechala trek covers up for the adrenaline rush, satiating the trekker’s thrust for adventure.
- Dzongri, the best place to experience the fabulous Kanchenjunga face to face from the closest point
- Enveloped in the forests of Magnolia, Orchids, Oaks and Fern; Bakhim is a paradise.
- The panoramic views of the peaks, hills, glaciers and enchanting water stream are like a cherry on the cake.
- On the summit, the trek will allow you to feed your tired soul with 360-degree views around you.
- Tsokha, a small place in the Kanchenjunga National Park which is situated at an altitude of 3400 meters, is famous for providing the trekkers overnight halt.
A soul-stirring getaway, Goechala trek is a perfect balance between the beauty of its flora and fauna. Lush green, unspoilt and less travelled Goechala trek in West Sikkim is a must-explore trek. Other than its untouched natural beauty, what will surprise you is the kindness of the local people of the state, whom you will meet on the trails. Not just this, the trail also takes its visitors through 164 monasteries of the state. The route gives you a chance to witness some of the 40 varieties of rhododendrons, more than 400 varieties of orchids and hundreds of different plants that the state boasts of.
Region: Western Sikkim
Starting Point: Yuksom
Maximum Altitude: 16,200 ft.
Duration: 11 to 15 days (upward & downward trek)
Distance Covered: 90 Km Approximate
Level of Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
Goechala Trek Best Visit Time: April to May (pre-monsoon) & October to November (post-monsoon)
The most travelled route which the travellers can take depending upon their convenience is the one that will take the travellers through Dzongri via Phedang and up till Goechala.
How To Reach
Yuksom town is the base point of the Goechala trek. The best modes of transport to reach Yuksom are that of Bus, Taxi, Trains and Flights.
By Flight: Almost all the metro cities are connected to the nearest airport of Bagdogra (Siliguri) Airport. You can reach this airport, and take local transportation or hire a taxi/cab reach Yuksom which is located 155 km away and takes about 6 to 7 hours
By Train: Nestled at the heart of Siliguri in West Bengal, New Jalpaiguri Junction happens to be the nearest railway station to the state of Sikkim which is well connected with all the other metro cities. From here you can reach Yulsom via a cab or bus. You will cover the distance of about 150 km in about 6 hours.