Productivity is the most common lesson but also the most underestimated. When you ask people for their productivity secrets, they won’t tell you one but will share their routine. However, productivity is the result of improving your habits, making the most of your time, and setting your priorities.
So, here are the 30 productivity rules that you should follow to make your life better.
- Wake up early in the morning. It’s the best time to recharge yourself for the day.
- Plan your day and prioritize the things which are essential and close to the deadlines.
- Create a to-do list and add all the tasks lying ahead of you. It will help you clear the picture of the tasks remaining at your side.
- Reach the office early.
- Spend the first hour of your work in doing the most important tasks or Sisyphean task lying at your end.
- Don’t engage in gossips.
- Limit distractions.
- Use the Pomodoro technique to increase your productivity at work. It means allowing yourself to work for 25 minutes straight with a break of 5 to 10 mins after each cycle. It increases your focus and keeps you away from picking up the smartphones every time.
- Move out of your desk during lunch hours.
- Do lunch outside or with your colleagues and discuss something delightful which lifts your mood.
- Avoid eating in front of your screen as it will make you tired quickly.
- Take a power nap after your lunch hours. It will boost your productivity level.
- Make sure you’re following your to-do list and check-marking the tasks which you have accomplished.
- Indulge yourself in the brainstorming session and empower other colleagues to share their ideas. Also, don’t hesitate to bring your idea on board
- Learn to say NO to the tasks which you aren’t capable of.
- Participate in leadership activities. It will uplift your performance and reputation among your colleagues.
- Divide your working blocks into sessions. Be more engaged and focused on these sessions and don’t welcome distractions.
- Use a free online task manager where you can record all your activities, your future tasks, and your past achievements.
- Don’t work on your weekends unless it’s important. Use your weekends to recover from the stress of the working days and spend it doing the things you love the most. Like hanging out with your family and publishing the unpublished blogs.
- Read books. It sparks your creative fuel and changes your perspective towards life. It’s also great for gaining knowledge and makes you travel the whole world while staying at a place. The wisdom of the book is immeasurable.
- Spend time journaling. It’s good to release your mental stress and writing the notes of depression. It’s not necessary that you write it with perfection. Jot down your thoughts and you’ll feel better after this exercise.
- For half an hour, unplug yourself from the digital devices and spend time with nature doing meditation and breathing exercises.
- Find the people in your circle who empower you for your passion.
- Find your Why and work on it. It will help you achieve the meaning of life.
- Don’t make a compromise on your values. Make sure every activity you do is aligned with your values.
- Learn to manage your time or else you’ll be complaining about the lack of time every time.
- Get enough sleep. It’s an essential workout for your body and prevents heart diseases and obesity. If you ignore your sleep, you’ll have a problem balancing your work performance.
- Ask for help when you need it. It doesn’t make you less in anything.
- Work to improve your habits regularly. Small efforts every day will result in a big change one day.
- Never check your phone immediately after waking up. Any sad news can make you disturb the whole day.
These productivity tips don’t require any huge effort. By adopting one tip every day, you can bring a mere change to your life. Reading books on productivity will also be helpful in growing your productivity level. So, are you going to follow these essential lessons in your daily life?