Nowadays, people are overwhelmed with the information about healthy lifestyle and food. The great discoveries of recent years have enriched the eating patterns and brought a radical shift in the conception of the nutritive needs of an individual. World is in the dire need of professionals who could come up with different ways of imparting good food choices.
B.Sc. in Nutrition is a three year long undergraduate course that prepares you for a career in this field and is focused on understanding food management and the relationship between body and food. This blog will provide you with an overview of the bachelor’s in nutrition degree.
What is this degree all about?
- This degree motivates you to think about the world of nutrition in relation to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and preventing diseases as well.
- The nutrition course develops a strong understanding of the science that underpins the role of nutrition and its relationship with health and wellbeing.
- It employs a holistic approach to study nutrition, integrating the nutritional science, lifestyle behavior, and social issues that affect our society today.
- It studies the link between poor dietary choices leading to global diseases such as obesity, corona-virus, etc. Nutrition and each of its specialization take a different approach on various tangents.
- Tackling the issue of global health is covered in this degree.
- You are taught to combining traditional habits with nutritional science which is applied to nutrition discipline.
- Critically access all the nutritional interventions available and choose the safest and effective one for each situation.
- You will get a deeper understanding of medical nutritional science to become an adaptive patient-centric practitioner.
Skills that you require to be a nutritionist:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organization skill
- Problem-solving skill
- Research translation
- Team leadership ability
- Non-judgemental personality
- Basic computer knowledge
What after B.Sc. nutrition?
After completing a bachelors in nutrition, you can expect to get into diverse organisations from fitness centres to government organisations. A registered nutritionist can go for freelancing or setting up their own business. They can choose a profile in various fields such as:
- Clinical dietitians,
- Community dietitians,
- Management dietitians,
- Consultant dietitians,
- Food service dietitians,
- Gastroenterological dietitians,
- Paediatric dietitians,
- Business dietitians,
- Administrative dietitians,
- Dietetic assistant.
Nowadays, everyone wants to be fit and healthy. People follow diet plans formulated by nutritionists and dietitians. B.Sc.nutrition is a perfect choice for health-conscious people who want to make a contribution by imparting healthy eating habits in society. It is a dynamic and rewarding career through which you would be able to transform the lives of people and even understand your own nutritional requirements.