Egg diet is a diet plan where you must build a minimum of one meal of the day as a traditional breakfast staple. This diet is low in calories, carbohydrates and high in protein which helps you lose weight fast. There are many different types of the egg diet, the common thing in every diet plan is that you have to eat 3 meals a day with no snacks and drink only water or you can have zero-calorie beverages.
Eggs are full of protein, fat, vitamin d, vitamin A, phosphorus and two B-complex vitamins, what else does your body need for energy? Eggs are also known as a very good source of riboflavin, selenium, and choline.
Who does egg diet work?
There are many various types of egg diet plans but in every diet, you have to eat meals that are based on eggs. Let me tell you about some of the plans.
- 14-day egg diet plan – this version of the egg plan has 3 meals per day. For 14 Days you have to forget about Snacks and Calories. You must have one meal of egg and rest 2 meals of other protein sources like chicken and fish. For adding up more protein you can add broccoli or spinach to your meals. This diet is also called a boiled egg diet, so as in the name you have to eat hard-boiled eggs only.
- Egg and grapefruit diet – this diet is also of 14 days the difference between the 14-day egg diet plan and this diet is that you have to eat half of the grapefruit and half of egg in each meal. Remember no other fruit then grapefruit is allowed.
- Egg-only diet – this diet plan is a diet which comes under mono diets, these type of mono diets are not healthy coz you only eat a single meal for a long time, here in this diet you only eat a hard-boiled egg and water for whole 14 days. This is the only kind of diet plan where you are strictly not allowed to exercise.
- Medical egg diet – this diet is very interesting, here you can have to eat one piece of bread with your egg, that can be cooked in any manner but without calories. Here you can eat as many fruits and vegetables as you want. even black coffee and zero-calorie drinks are allowed.
- Keto egg diet – in this diet you have to increase your fat intake as your body goes in ketosis. In this diet, you are recommended to eat your egg with only butter and cheese.
What you can eat and what not in egg diet plans
The food you can eat
- Poultry and fish
- Grapefruit and berries
- Leafy green vegetables
- Broccoli, mushrooms, and pepper
- Black coffee and black tea
The food you are not allowed
- Any type of bread or pasta
- Fried food items
- Milk, juice, etc
Pros and cons
- Quick weight loss
- All nutrients that an egg contain
- Lack of energy
- Digestion problems
- May increase cholesterol levels
- The crash diet increases your weight quickly’