Baby massage oils are very important for newly born babies and under age babies. This is done from the time of our ancestors for improving the overall health of the baby. But there are different types of oils which has poor quality and due to this health of babies can get affected many times.
Benefits of using baby massage oil –
Babies are benefitted a lot from massaging. Let us know some of them –
Physical benefits –
- During massaging, a chemical i.e., oxytocin is released from the body of babies. This chemical hormone is responsible for being attached to someone and for the feeling of happiness.
- Massaging helps in improving the sleep quality of babies as their mind and bodies gets relaxed.
- Massages also helps in gaining body weight of babies and it also improves digestion.
- It also improves blood circulation and helps in development of strong bones, muscular relaxation and also helps in improving their breathing.
Psychological benefits –
- Massaging babies with more tenderness makes the child feeling comfortable and happy and relaxed.
- Massaging also makes their mind active and more alert and this is why quality of sleep increases and thus this makes them cry less and feel less cranky.
Things you need to keep in mind during massage by using baby massage oils –
- During cold when your baby is feeling cold you can cover them with soft blanket and take out only that part of body which you are currently massaging.
- If you don’t have any idea then you can use ayurvedic massage oils. This is because ayurvedic body massage oils consists of 100 percent natural herbs and has no side effects.
- Before start massaging your baby always start below the ribs, then go to tummy and repeat the same thing in clockwise circular motions.
- The best time to give your baby a massage is after bathing because after bathing they feel fresh and when you will give massage to them they will have good quality of sleep and will feel more relaxed.
- Try to be gentle when massaging sensitive areas such as armpits, genital side, head as well as neck parts.
- According to several doctors, try to use slow, rhythmic strokes when massaging your baby.
Here is the list of top 10 ayurvedic baby massage oils you can use so that you won’t have to worry to search somewhere else –
Ayurvedic baby massage oil –
It is considered as one of the best baby massage oil because it is different from others. It is loaded with several ayurvedic herbs such as sesame, turmeric, ashwagandha, Indian dill, Mulaithi, Costus. These herbs are 100 percent pure and provides lots of benefits to baby’s body. These herbs helps in fighting against infections which increases the immune system of baby’s body, also prevents from catching cold, cough and fevers with regular use. Due to the presence of costus, skin of baby gets soft and smooth and free from any infections and inflammations.
Mustela Moisturising Baby Oil –
Made from natural and skin friendly ingredients such as avocado oil, pomegranate and sunflower seed oil which makes the skin soft, smooth, adds moisture and improves hydration and doesn’t let impurities and infections enter into it.
Johnson’s Baby Oil Shea and Cocoa Butter –
It is loaded with shea and cocoa butter which helps in reducing dryness of skin. Due to the presence of pure mineral oil, it helps in prevention of skin from lacking moisture and hydration.
Burt’s Bees Nourishing Baby Oil –
This baby oil is free from petroleum and parabens and helps in locking moisture and makes skin softer and smoother. As for the fragrance, the scent is derived from fresh apricots, which will make it soothing and refreshing. Grape seed oil is another main ingredient, which is the one that makes the skin smooth.
Bayan Botanicals Sesame Oil –
This is sesame oil which helps in developing stronger bones. It is an Ayurveda product which is regarded as effective in promoting bone health and this is why it is considered as one of the best baby massage oil.